During this instructor-led two-part introductory course, you'll become familiar with the Viewpoint environment. Learn how to create, modify, and run basic Sequel views (data retrieval/queries). Master the 5 basic SQL clauses used for data retrieval. Add run-time prompts to those views and work with dates (conversion and aging in days) too.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of Sequel & SQL basics
- Exploring the Viewpoint environment
- Choosing your data source(s)
- Selecting and formatting result fields
- Creating calculated fields (columns)
- Sorting results
- Selecting records
- Building file relationships
- Date functions for conversion and aging
- Conditional Calculations (CASE)
- Basic variables for adding run-time prompts to your views
- An overview of output options
- A high-speed Internet connection
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current version of Sequel installed on your IBM i
- Current version of Sequel Viewpoint installed on your PC
- Viewpoint design authority
- Access to Viewpoint during class for hands-on exercises
- Authority to create class objects during class for hands-on experience
- An IBM i user library where class objects can be saved
- Access to the all objects in the SEQUELEX library from Viewpoint
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with trainers during sessions
Registration is required at least 72 hours before the class. You can cancel your registration up to 72 hours before the class without penalty. No-shows will be billed.
Presenter: Rich Galeba
If you ever called Fortra support for Sequel, Esend, Sequel Web Interface, Abstract, Sequel Data Warehouse or Showcase, there is a good chance you have worked with Rich.
Rich has worked for Fortra for nearly 20 years as a support analyst, product training specialist, and project management consultant. Most of that time has been dedicated to supporting our client’s implementation and deployment of Fortra BI products lines.
With thousands of support calls, and over 120 on-site Sequel education classes presented over the years, Rich also has a good idea of how the product is being used at our client sites. This experience helps ensure “best practices” when providing a Sequel training session.