During this instructor-led two-part introductory course, you'll become familiar with the Viewpoint environment. Learn how to create, modify, and run basic Sequel views (data retrieval/queries). Master the 5 basic SQL clauses used for data retrieval. Add run-time prompts to those views and work with dates (conversion and aging in days) too.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of Sequel & SQL basics
- Exploring the Viewpoint environment
- Choosing your data source(s)
- Selecting and formatting result fields
- Creating calculated fields (columns)
- Sorting results
- Selecting records
- Building file relationships
- Date functions for conversion and aging
- Conditional Calculations (CASE)
- Basic variables for adding run-time prompts to your views
- An overview of output options
- A high-speed Internet connection
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current version of Sequel installed on your IBM i
- Current version of Sequel Viewpoint installed on your PC
- Viewpoint design authority
- Access to Viewpoint during class for hands-on exercises
- Authority to create class objects during class for hands-on experience
- An IBM i user library where class objects can be saved
- Access to the all objects in the SEQUELEX library from Viewpoint
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with trainers during sessions
Registration is required at least 72 hours before the class. You can cancel your registration up to 72 hours before the class without penalty. No-shows will be billed.
Brandy Lulling, Associate Support Manager: Brandy is responsible for Sequel, Esend, Sequel Web Interface, Abstract, Anydate, Sequel Data Warehouse, or Showcase. She has held several roles in support, providing training, and assisting prospective customers while being at Fortra for over 18 years.
Rich Galeba, Sr. Support Analyst: Rich is responsible for Sequel, Esend, Sequel Web Interface, Abstract, Sequel Data Warehouse or Showcase. He has been a support analyst, product training specialist, and project management consultant at Fortra for over 20 years.
Jackie Daugherty, Sr. Support Analyst: Jackie has been offering exceptional customer service and attention to detail for over 12 years at Fortra. Her passion is turning frustrated or anxious customers into calm and informed users of our products.