This recorded training course focuses on how to write professional reports with Viewpoint and Crystal Reports. It offers a comprehensive introduction to the Viewpoint Client Reports, from building basic reports to more sophisticated reporting tasks.
- Defining Client Reports
- Adding columns (view fields)
- Formatting objects
- Adding break levels (groups)
- Making calculations (summary & formulas)
- Adding headers, footers, and logos
- Conditional highlighting
- Adding a Cross-Tab and chart to your report footer
The class is designed for Viewpoint designers who need to create or maintain Client Reports. Client Reports must be licensed on the IBM i and Crystal Reports 2011 must be installed on the student PC.
- A high-speed Internet connection
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current versions of Showcase 10 and Viewpoint
- A workstation with dual monitors or a projector to display the teacher’s screen
- View design authority and experience (including simple variables)
- Access to Viewpoint during class for hands-on exercises
- An IBM i user library where class objects can be saved
- Access to all objects (files and views) in the SEQUELEX and SEQUELEX2 libraries
What to Expect
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
Viewpoint Client Reports is a 3-hour recorded training program that you can take at your own pace. Allowing time for breaks and course exercises, the course takes approximately 5 hours to complete.