A whopping 42% of IBM i shops are planning a hardware upgrade in 2019. Once you know which server is right for you, how do you plan to migrate your data without introducing downtime?
Local and remote journaling software is the easiest way to accomplish a side-by-side or distance migration while continuing your day-to-day operations and keeping the new test environment in sync with your old server.
During this recorded webinar, you’ll learn how you can use Robot HA to streamline your IBM i data migration and automate the final switchover when it’s time to run from your new server. You’ll learn how to:
- Create an initial copy of your original data and send it to the target new hardware
- Test and verify the data on the target system without impacting production
- Operate in this side-by-side mode for months, if you need to
- Switch your business over to the new hardware with near-zero downtime
- Role swap back if you have an unforeseen issue on your new hardware
Fortra is uniquely qualified to help you build an automated process and safely migrate your IBM i business data with near-zero downtime, even if you’re moving to the cloud.
Ready to migrate your IBM i data?
24/7 business demands 24/7 system and application availability. When you’re ready to avoid downtime—be it planned or unplanned—Robot HA is the fastest, easiest, most affordable way to establish high availability at your organization.