The Impact of Fortra’s Release Days
This year we’ve grappled with the new reality of AI-infused everything, made advancements in cloud security capabilities, and seen the value of data-centric security across a highly distributed workspace. And we’re not even done yet.
This final Release Day of 2023 marks a chapter beat in a long and ongoing security saga, and one that we here at Fortra are proud to author with every new iteration. As we gear up for an exciting 2024, there are a number of product updates, features, and releases carrying us to the end of this year. We hope you’ll check out what we’ve been working on, feast your eyes on our new features, and appreciate – as much as we do – the timeliness of these changes and the impact they can have on your security posture now.
Key Takeaways from Release Day 2023.4
Our teams have been busy speaking to customers and partners over the past several months and have been gleaning insights into what is important to them. With that in mind, we are excited to deliver several new features and functionality across the Fortra portfolio that you’ll find improve the usability and efficiency of your Fortra solutions.
- Email Security & Phishing | New IOC based rules and increased automation for managing senders, as well as more granular controls for managing security awareness training. Fortra’s Agari Email Security solutions are getting an upgrade in some of the following areas:
- Agari Phishing Defense | IOC-based rules are now being fed directly into CDR for faster detection and removal of threats.
- Agari DMARC Protection | Customers can now dynamically manage email senders (instead of manually curating IP addresses and ranges) for easier, more automated DMARC implementation.
- Offensive Security | Added support for newest versions of operating systems and application, along with new evasive capabilities for red teamers. Fortra’s Cobalt Strike, is getting a host of new improvements to its advanced adversary simulation software, ideal for Red Team engagements. Cobalt Strike 4.9 will feature:
- The ability for Cobalt Strike clients to share data with each other
- New Aggressor script functions
- Support for prepend-style URLs
- Plus, over a half-dozen more upgrades, including several advancements for version 4.9.1.
- Data Protection | Improved user experience for incident workflows that allow staff to identify, analyze, and remediate threats more effectively. Fortra’s Digital Guardian Data Protection Platform features a quick startup for immediate visibility into a company’s data security as it performs across cloud applications, corporate networks, and endpoints. Key recent updates include:
- Digital Analytics and Reporting Cloud (ARC) 4.5 | Based on client feedback, we improved the user experience for incident workflows with a refactored incident layout. This visually concise timeline will help those not familiar with complex databases more easily navigate, allowing defenders to respond to threats more quickly and without the complexity roadblock.
- [Major Release] Digital Guardian MacOS eDLP 8.5 | Now with new Outlook support and additional support for Airdrop, Microsoft Edge, and macOS Sonoma.
Moving Forward in 2024
We are in a very fast paced world where criminals are constantly improving their attacks. Fortra is committed to continuously improving our solutions to help the people responsible for the security posture of their organization, and we take pride in arming the defenders.
This year has been one of massive changes, and we anticipate next year will be no different. As we continue to partner with security leaders like you, we will be just as ready to turn your feedback into action and make ongoing improvements for the year to come. And for that, we say thank you for taking us along on your journey and making Fortra your cybersecurity ally.