In the recent report released by Everest Group, the Fortra RPA solution, Automate, was classified in the Major Contender category based on an objective, data-driven, comparative assessment of RPA vendors. For this report, Everest Group comparatively assessed 22 leading RPA technology vendors’ market impact, vision, and capability and classified them as Leader, Major Contender, or Aspirant.
What is an RPA solution?
Everest Group defines RPA as “a type of automation software that typically interacts with computer-centric process through the User Interface (UI) of the underlying software applications supporting a process. It mimics a user’s activities and can used to automate rules-based, repetitive, and deterministic processes involving structured and some semi-structured data. It is typically deployed on physical or virtual machines in attended / human-in-the-loop or unattended / lights-out modes.”
What makes Automate a Major Contender?
Automate was evaluated across multiple categories and performed particularly well in reference to the RPA solution’s value and ease of use. Some of the features/capabilities that Everest Group highlighted included:
- Embedded business process management (BPM) capabilities, uncommon among RPA solutions
- Scalability and ease of implementation
- Out-of-the-box functionality with over 600 prebuilt tasks, native support for Windows and Linux, and pre-built connectors to Oracle applications
- User training and support capabilities such as an online training platform – Automate Academy and an online user community forum
- Security features for GDPR compliance, including role-based access and robot activity logging
These features/capabilities give Automate a unique position to improve processes and increase productivity across an entire enterprise. Easy scaling helps businesses start with a small implementation and grow as other areas of the business adopt RPA. With no coding expertise needed and robust out-of-the-box functionality, Automate can get businesses up and running with RPA quickly.