Maryland’s Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR) must transfer sensitive data in a secure and reliable fashion. Besides the challenge of ensuring information is protected in transit, each DLLR trading partner requires information to be sent in different file formats, such as fixed width, Excel, CSV, or XML.
The DLLR chose GoAnywhere to meet their growing file transfer needs and reduce the time IT staff was spending on difficult and time-consuming manual processes.
With the MFT solution, the DLLR has been able to:
- Easily meet new data transmission security requirements
- Simplify the upload and collection of licensees’ sensitive documents through Secure Forms
- Replace existing manual processes
- Receive proof of delivery or alerts for failed file transfers
Before GoAnywhere entered the scene, DLLR developers had to manually download and upload the Excel, CSV, or fixed formatted files between their IBM i system and desktop computers. In seeking a new solution, the developers aimed to meet their file transfer goals, which included finding a solution:
- Capable of processing secure file transfers without requiring knowledge about how to use SFTP, FTPS, and HTTPS.
- That could be automated and run 100% natively on the IBM i without requiring additional hardware.
- That supported easy data translation features between their backend DB2 database and files formatted in fixed length, Excel, CSV, or XML.
- To handle all sensitive data and documents securely, with proper file encryption practices, in order to meet requirements for the state/federal regulations that apply to them.
GoAnywhere was the only managed file transfer solution on the market to meet all the DLLR’s goals. And after enjoying easy use and implementation, staff were then able to focus on their regular development tasks again, thanks to GoAnywhere securely automating the DLLR’s processes natively from the IBM i.
GoAnywhere’s Secure Forms module proved to be especially useful when the DLLR’s existing makeshift document imaging solution couldn’t keep up with their needs. Secure Forms provided a safer and easier way for licensees to upload documents—and for different boards to receive/approve those documents. A front-facing website including an embedded GoAnywhere form replaced the previous manual process.
"We use it for many other purposes besides just credit reports. We allow them to upload any documents the board may need for each of their licensees. That way it’s flexible, not just dedicated to one function."
The DLLR receives heavy loads of documents on a regular basis. GoAnywhere allowed their IT staff to automate, translate, and secure all of their sensitive files within one powerful solution.
How else did GoAnywhere helped Maryland's DLLR?