MINNEAPOLIS – Aug 9, 2023 – Global cybersecurity software and services provider Fortra today announced new integrations for its offensive security solutions that streamline capabilities for vulnerability management, penetration testing, and red teaming. Working together, the solutions apply the same techniques used by threat actors to identify and exploit gaps in an organizations’ security. With this proactive security approach, customers can find and fix weaknesses in their security posture before they are exploited.
“Proactively seeking out your own security weaknesses has become essential to stay ahead and reduce risks,” said Mark Bell, Managing Director, Infrastructure Protection at Fortra. “Like the old saying goes, ‘to catch a criminal, you must think like a criminal,’ and that is exactly what an offensive security approach does—before customers are exploited.”
Fortra’s offensive security solutions, including Frontline Vulnerability Manager (VM), Core Impact penetration testing software, Cobalt Strike adversary simulation software, and Outflank Security Tooling are now interoperable, providing data centralization, easy information sharing, reduced console fatigue, accelerated time-to-remediation, among other benefits.
“Fortra’s goal is to offer customers the very best protection, in the most streamlined and easy-to-implement way,” said Bell. “The interoperability of these solutions removes complexity for customers, improving their efficiency and expediting remediation. The layered approach combines the strengths of each solution for more complete security assessment, testing and management.”
Fortra’s offensive security offerings come in five configurations for an enhanced security stance and centralized control:
- Essentials – Combines Fortra's Frontline VM, the industry's most comprehensive SaaS vulnerability management solution, with Fortra's powerful penetration testing platform, Core Impact, to scan, evaluate and prioritize security vulnerabilities and remediation efforts throughout an organization’s network.
- Advanced – Combining Fortra's penetration testing and adversary simulation software solutions, Core Impact and Cobalt Strike, this provides a robust view of vulnerabilities through advanced ransomware and phishing simulations and comprehensive reporting, while also giving teams the ability to collaborate in real time.
- Elite – Combines Frontline VM, Core Impact, and Cobalt Strike, allowing customers to evaluate security, identify vulnerabilities and proactively reduce risk. These combined vulnerability management, penetration testing, and adversary simulation tools run at the same time and are interoperable, streamlining the process to identify, analyze and prioritize vulnerabilities.
- Red Team – Built to integrate seamlessly into Cobalt Strike's flexible command and control framework, Outflank Security Tooling extends a company’s red teaming capabilities. Together, these tools can deploy more sophisticated adversary simulation and assess overall security posture and vulnerability.
- Advanced Red Team – Combines Core Impact, Cobalt Strike and Outflank Security Tooling to safely evaluate security gaps, defenses and security strategies using the same tactics as today's threat actors. Together, these solutions provide a holistic security testing methodology for advanced red teamers.
For more information about Fortra’s offensive security capabilities, click here.
Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're creating a simpler, stronger future for our customers. Our trusted experts and portfolio of integrated, scalable solutions bring balance and control to organizations around the world. We’re the positive changemakers and your relentless ally to provide peace of mind through every step of your cybersecurity journey.
©Fortra, LLC and its group of companies. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Rachel Woodford, Public and Analyst Relations Manager